Web applications offer access to business and customers, their ubiquity makes them a preferred victim for cyber criminals. As a result, web application security testing, or testing and scanning web applications for risk, becomes essential.
As more and more applications are ‘web enabled,’ web application security testing need ultimately increase to overlook the possible vulnerabilities.
The Need and Importance of Penetration Testing
The need and importance of Penetration Testing include:
- It helps in identifying unfamiliar vulnerabilities.
- It checks the effectiveness of the overall security policies.
- It tests the components exposed publicly like routers, firewalls, and DNS.
To make sure everything is tested in the best possible way and the software you ship is the best possible quality. For all such you need to maximize your test coverage. Gathers the details about which parts of a program are actually executed when running the test set to improve the test case efficiency.
Few tips that can help you maximize your test coverage:
- Understand your business aim: Before test cases designing, understand the point of the software you are going to test. Talk to the end user and try to find what is most important to end users.
- Communication: You should talk directly to the developers about what are the new functionalities they are going to deliver with each release. You will get a fair idea to focus your efforts on the next test.
Read more, here…