The relentless evolution of mobile technology has redefined the software market. The release of Mobile Applications with innovative and dominant functions has increased the expectations of the users and has set new standards for the term ‘Quality’.
The development trends catalyzing this process can be listed as:
- The mobile application developers make optimum use of the HTML5 to deliver great user experiences, bypassing the need for additional plugins.
- The meaning of Mobility is not just restricted to the mobile device, but extending to the devices connected to the internet, networks and automated tools.
- The user-friendly experiences include motion sensors, location tracking, temperature sensors, voice recognition, and an addition of new dimensions to the mobile experience.
- The shopping and socializing revolution brought in by Mobile payments, services based on location and social networking interfaces.
- The availability of similar applications with differences in performance and functionalities.
The software competition initially vested on what an application could do, but now has entirely shifted the focus on what an application could do which others cannot.
With the expansion of mobile networks, the need for robust applications has increased along with an exponential chance of failure. The demand for a perfect mobile application across multiple access devices and platforms increases the stakes for the development team, where the performance testing becomes as important as functional testing. Mobile application testing services now require different methods to keep up with the constant change in the platforms and the development architectures.
Recommendations for an efficient mobile application testing strategy are:
- With the vast number of physical devices, automation, compatibility and security testing are required to be performed without any compromise.
- An assortment of connectivity modes and speeds should be integrated.
- Cover the central functionality testing with automated test scripts.
- Use diverse automated testing tools, so that migrating to a higher version of it is easier in the future.
- Consider testing on real devices. A huge profit calls in for a significant investment as well.
Developers, under this high compression of delivering robust and ascendable codes to cover all the challenges, need to work better and outline more productive practices. With continuous delivery and uninterrupted integration being the need of the hour, the Agile and the DevOps approaches are gaining penchants as they cover most of the challenges. However, with both the practices ensuring early detection of potential bugs, automated testing is also serving in this process.
The future of Mobile Application Testing will see the developers and testers working in alliance, leveraging each other’s creativity and skill sets to create robust applications that can endure the intricacy of technology at that time. Mobile automation testing services are also sure to cover most of the testing scenarios.
Looking for a software testing partner for outsourcing your web and mobile application testing needs? BugRaptors is a CMMi5 accredited software testing company with an extensive experience in mobile and web, automation and manual testing services. For more insights, visit the website.