Automation Testing uses automation tools to write and execute the test cases. Generally, the testers write test scripts and test cases using the automation tool and the group them into the test suites.
Mobile Application Automation Testing
Testing of mobile applications can be relatively cumbersome because of sheer extent of testing is required on a variety of devices. Besides, the mobile apps require faster changes than other type of applications like Desktop or Web. Because of this, more and more organizations have started realizing the needs of using automation software testing.
To reap maximum benefits from your software delivery, automated tests should be planned carefully and scheduled in such a way that they are cost-effective.
A recent survey has shown that a larger percentage of users abandon Android apps after one time use. Hence, it becomes essential for every business to keep the users engaged and implement various app monetization techniques.
A brief overview of widely used open source tools for mobile application testing is:
As the name indicates, Selendroid is basically known as Selenium for Android apps. It is a test automation framework that drives off the UI of Android native and hybrid apps and the mobile web app. The QA professionals can use this open source test automation framework to estimate native, hybrid and mobile web apps for Android.
Calabash is an open source tool to write automated acceptance test of mobile apps of mobile apps that support Android native apps. It works efficiently with Ruby, .NET, JAVA, Flex and other programming languages. It tests both the native and hybrid mobile apps and the programmers have APIs that enable native apps to run on touchscreen devices. It supports Cucumber framework.
The game testers must possess high levels of computing expertise, analytical competence and critical evaluation of skills due to the involvement of interactive entertainment software.
Role of a Game Tester
The role of a game tester is crucial for the success of the Game Testing Company. A tester is offered with a complete version of a game in order to find glitches in it. It is the responsibility of a tester to check every nook and corner of the game for finding out the bugs. The uncovered errors during mobile game testing phase are noted out. These errors may be bugs, logic errors or level bugs, art glitches.
The ranking of the bugs is done according to their estimated severity:
· ‘A’ Bugs are critical bugs that cause many issues, such as game crashes that prevent it from being shipped.
· ‘B’ Bugs require the necessary attention and are equally dangerous as an A Bug.
· ‘C’ Bugs have minute problems which are often reflected in the form of recommendation rather than bugs.
It becomes very chaotic to maintain the variety of mobile phones and tablets with the latest Android or iOS updates available across all makes and models for 24/7. There are various security concerns that arise for mobile app cloud testing as well as data management and accessibility thus creating a complex situation.
In the following ways Cloud-Based Mobile Device Labs boost the productivity:
- Faster market delivery: A unified environment needs to be established for the benefit of all DevOps teams. For fully operational regression testing, the environment is necessary in order to facilitate continuous integration.
- Simulate networks environment: By using simulation environments helps us to understand real-life network conditions, thus enabling them to be prepared in dealing with network issues.
- Strict security guidelines: An offshore hosted mobile lab is expected to support most security requirements while the onsite lab resides inside the company’s VPN. Devices are centralized in a demilitarized network area. Administrative capabilities enable the changing of security policies as per project requirements.
Web Security testing is a wide-ranging process which includes multitude of processes that implement the security testing of a web application. It is a methodical process which starts from identifying the entire application and monitored by planning multiple tests.
Some of a few key aspects of web security testing are listed as follows:
Web Applications Security Testing
- Functionality Testing
- Usability Testing
- Interface Testing
Mobile application security testing can be quite cumbersome. To ease this process, businesses make separate teams for testing and analyzing open source tools.
Some of the open source mobile application security testing tools are listed as below:
OWASP Zed Attack Proxy Project
It was developed by AWASP and is available for Unix/Linux, Macintosh and Windows platforms. Originally, the tool was designed as an integrated penetration testing tool for web testing applications.
Android Debug Bridge
Android Debug Bridge is designed to evaluate the security of mobile apps across many Android devices at the command line. This program can be used as a client-server and can be connected to emulators, in addition, to install and debug the programs.