Compatibility testing is a crucial QA task which guarantees that the software or product that is being tested is compatible, as desired over a broad set of client frameworks and configurations.
The expansion of web browsers, OS (operating systems), and devices has forced associations to guarantee that all their products work as planned over various platforms to avoid costly bugs entering the market or production.
Need for Compatibility Testing
While releasing a software application, you should keep in mind that it must be of high quality and compatible with all operating systems, hardware, software, etc. You can ensure this through mobile compatibility testing. Compatibility can be guaranteed through embracing compatibility testing which checks for errors or bugs before delivering to the client.
It becomes very chaotic to maintain the variety of mobile phones and tablets with the latest Android or iOS updates available across all makes and models for 24/7. There are various security concerns that arise for mobile app cloud testing as well as data management and accessibility thus creating a complex situation.
In the following ways Cloud-Based Mobile Device Labs boost the productivity:
- Faster market delivery: A unified environment needs to be established for the benefit of all DevOps teams. For fully operational regression testing, the environment is necessary in order to facilitate continuous integration.
- Simulate networks environment: By using simulation environments helps us to understand real-life network conditions, thus enabling them to be prepared in dealing with network issues.
- Strict security guidelines: An offshore hosted mobile lab is expected to support most security requirements while the onsite lab resides inside the company’s VPN. Devices are centralized in a demilitarized network area. Administrative capabilities enable the changing of security policies as per project requirements.
You hear a lot about testing web applications; however, you’re yet uncertain, why you should invest additional money in doing this kind of work. How can it increase the value of your work? How might you encourage your customer or manager that it’s a substantial utilization of time and cash?
There are a lot of reasons because of which website performance test is mandatory and a few of them are explained below:
- Search Engine Optimization and Google
Since April 2010, Google began to take load time into account while ranking websites. Obviously, Google’s calculations utilize various components to decide the ranking of websites in Google search result pages.
- User Satisfaction
It is realized that users just proceeds onward to some other web page if a site influences them to wait for a long time. Bouncing rate is a vital factor that each website admin should consider.
Any testing that is being performed for more than two or three times in a short span of time can be automated with paid and/or open source tools. Execution of unit tests, functional tests, continuous integration, and continuous deployment are common ways of utilizing automation for the greatest benefit.
Automation software testing is especially preferred in an Agile environment because it accomplishes the following tasks:
- Identifies test productivity problems
- Swiftly responds to the testers
- Helps testers discuss and examine solutions