The goal of performance testing is not to find bugs but to eliminate performance bottlenecks. Performance testing helps in establishing speed, scalability, and stability of the software application. So, designing and executing these tests are critical for ensuring stability of an application. An effective performance testing strategy is essential for highlighting most of the performance issues. It could be associated with the database, network, software, bandwidth, or the hardware.
Why it is critical for enterprises to invest in Performance Testing:
1. It will generate more revenue: The faster the web application is, the more it will generate revenue. For applications such as e-commerce applications have to provide an easy and secure gateway to the customers which results in better transaction and repeated visits on the application.
2. Provide customers with better website speed: A slow and lousy website results in repelling the crowd coming on the site. The automation testing tools enable the teams to check the speed and performance of the website. Users should be able to load the site with basic connectivity and bandwidth that helps in maintaining the interest and keeping them engaged.
3. Improve quality by Resolving defects before getting into market: Performance testing gives customers the information about their application regarding speed, stability and scalability. Performance testing helps in uncovering what needs to be improved before the product goes live. Without performance testing, application is likely to suffer from various issues such as running slow with simultaneous users.
A recent survey has shown that a larger percentage of users abandon Android apps after one time use. Hence, it becomes essential for every business to keep the users engaged and implement various app monetization techniques.
A brief overview of widely used open source tools for mobile application testing is:
As the name indicates, Selendroid is basically known as Selenium for Android apps. It is a test automation framework that drives off the UI of Android native and hybrid apps and the mobile web app. The QA professionals can use this open source test automation framework to estimate native, hybrid and mobile web apps for Android.
Calabash is an open source tool to write automated acceptance test of mobile apps of mobile apps that support Android native apps. It works efficiently with Ruby, .NET, JAVA, Flex and other programming languages. It tests both the native and hybrid mobile apps and the programmers have APIs that enable native apps to run on touchscreen devices. It supports Cucumber framework.
The game testers must possess high levels of computing expertise, analytical competence and critical evaluation of skills due to the involvement of interactive entertainment software.
Role of a Game Tester
The role of a game tester is crucial for the success of the Game Testing Company. A tester is offered with a complete version of a game in order to find glitches in it. It is the responsibility of a tester to check every nook and corner of the game for finding out the bugs. The uncovered errors during mobile game testing phase are noted out. These errors may be bugs, logic errors or level bugs, art glitches.
The ranking of the bugs is done according to their estimated severity:
· ‘A’ Bugs are critical bugs that cause many issues, such as game crashes that prevent it from being shipped.
· ‘B’ Bugs require the necessary attention and are equally dangerous as an A Bug.
· ‘C’ Bugs have minute problems which are often reflected in the form of recommendation rather than bugs.
Web applications offer access to business and customers, their ubiquity makes them a preferred victim for cyber criminals. As a result, web application security testing, or testing and scanning web applications for risk, becomes essential.
As more and more applications are ‘web enabled,’ web application security testing need ultimately increase to overlook the possible vulnerabilities.
The Need and Importance of Penetration Testing
The need and importance of Penetration Testing include:
- It helps in identifying unfamiliar vulnerabilities.
- It checks the effectiveness of the overall security policies.
- It tests the components exposed publicly like routers, firewalls, and DNS.
TestNG is a testing framework stirred from NUnit and JUnit but presenting some new functionalities that make it much easier and powerful to use. It is an open source automated testing framework; in which NG means Next Generation.
TestNG is much more influential than JUnit but is inspired by JUnit. TestNG removes most of the limitations of the older framework and gives the developer the facility to write more powerful and flexible tests with help of easy grouping, annotations, parameterizing and sequencing.
Read More Here at http://www.bugraptors.com/introduction-testng-framework-benefits-junit-framework
A Software Testing Company updates that present day applications for web applications and mobile devices are far from been perfect. Mobile application testing displays that software products on smartphones, tablets and mobile phones often freeze up behave strangely and crash. There are a lot of reasons for that.
Interrupt Testing relates to any application type-Mobile, Stand Alone, Web etc. The variety of networks, configurations, devices etc. makes it more noticeable for Mobile applications than the others.
Read More Here at http://www.bugraptors.com/mobile-applications-handle-interruptions